Are you looking for a more rewarding career and workplace? Look no further…
We’re looking to expand our team by adding an Operations Coordinator.
About the position
Working in collaboration with our Managing Directors and Controller, the position of the Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to management directed operations, human resources initiatives, and office administration.
The Operations Coordinator takes ownership and pride in getting projects done and brings experience juggling multiple office administrative priorities and projects. This role expects an aptitude for technology, figuring out new software and extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 apps including Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive base salary, 3-weeks vacation, comprehensive benefits package, gym access, and flexible working arrangements between home and our office in downtown Vancouver on Beatty Street.
About the Company
Founded in 1988, LMDG is a well-established firm specializing in fire protection and life safety building code consulting. Our solid reputation is founded on decades of satisfied clients. Our offices in Vancouver and Toronto serve an ever-growing portfolio of clients including leading architects, engineers, building owners, developers, contractors, government agencies, insurers, and lawyers.
Why you’ll love working with us
ACCELERATED GROWTH: While siloed, compartmentalized firms limit your development, our collaborative work style GUARANTEES you access and exposure to a wide variety of operational projects and opportunities. As our new Operations Coordinator, we will quickly get you up to speed with our existing environment and procedures. We will also support you in realizing your full potential by investing in your training and participation in seminars, conferences and associations. As we promote from within, you won’t have any career limits. The type of professional growth and development we offer simply doesn’t happen in larger firms.
EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE: Our company culture is positive, smart and highly collaborative. We are a tight-knit, likeminded team that encourages open communication, collaboration and idea sharing. As an employee-owned firm, we’re insulated from external ownership interests and pressures. It just adds up to an inspired and rewarding work environment.
HEALTH & WELLNESS: Extended health benefits. Wellness programs, Team events, holiday parties and Whistler retreats. At LMDG, we proudly take care of our own.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education
- You have worked as an office or administrative coordinator that has supported 30+ people, including a leadership team.
- You have prior experience in having juggled multiple projects with a high level of detail in the operations or HR areas
- You have the ability to anticipate and act on areas you see opportunities for improvement
- You’re a frequent user of Microsoft 365 applications and thoroughly understand the apps’ features
- You are resourceful and will roll up your sleeves to make things happen
- You thrive in a self-motived and fast-paced environment
- Liaise and coordinate with Managing Directors to implement the organization’s operations goals and initiatives
- External corporate communications
- Internal communications regarding operational initiatives, and ongoing operations activities
- HR support with onboarding, surveying, and employee handbook updates
- Coordination of HR project initiatives
- Internal and external liaison for office process improvements and developments Internal technical support for Microsoft Office 365 processes
- Liaise with managed IT service provider
- Corporate Event Management and Planning